Founded in 1876, Tip Top Arizona is a old Silver Mining town and ghost town located in Yavapai County, Arizona. The town site is located west of Black Canyon City, in the southern foothills of the Bradshaw Mountains.
In the late 1870s, gold and silver were discovered in the Bradshaw Mountains, attracting prospectors and miners seeking their fortune. In 1876, the Tip Top Mining District was established by two men, Jack Moore and Bill Corning, and the town of Tip Top sprung up around it. Initially, nearby Gillett served as the milling town.
The district quickly gained a reputation for its rich ore deposits and attracted significant investment and development. The first mining claims were staked, and a stamp mill was constructed to process the ores. With the arrival of the railroad in nearby Phoenix, Tip Top saw an influx of miners, merchants, and entrepreneurs, leading to its rapid growth. A Post Office is established on August 12, 1880
During the boom times, Tip Top boasted six saloons, a brewery, two restaurants, a Chinese laundry, a feed yard, a blacksmith shop, a shoe store, and many residences. The Post Office is closed February 14, 1895.
During is heyday, the silver mines of Tip Top produced over $4,000,000 from its ore deposits.
|Name||Tip Top, Arizona|
|Location||Yavapai County, Arizona|
|Latitude, Longitude||34.0508662, -112.2468296|
|Elevation||765 meters / 2510 feet|
|Post Office||August 12, 1880 – February 14, 1895|
According to Dangerous Roads the trail into Tip Top Arizona is closed and and the area is undergoing land changes. Other resources state that the road was closed in 2009.