Dinner Station is a ghost town and stage station located in Elko County, Nevada. The station started with a wood building in the 1860s or 1870s. The station served as a station and meal stop for passengers on the Tuscarora and Mountain City Stages Lines. This building was destroyed by a fire in 1884 and was replaced by a two story stone building and corral. Stage service picked up travelers from Elko destined for Tuscarora and stop for dinner, which was happily provided for fifty cents. The station was one of the more popular inns of the era.
By 1900 the station had a population of 40 inhabitants. The budding automobile industry caused the station to loose some of its importance and necessity. This fact spelled the end of Dinner as city and it became just a private residence.
A fire in 1991 destroyed the sole building, however the structure is rebuilt in 1996.
Dinner Station Trail Map
|Also Known As||Weiland Station, Oldham’s Station|
|Location||Elko County, Nevada|
|Latitude, Longitude||41.0999142, -115.8661870|
|Elevation||1817 meters / 5962 feet|